Peak Energy Reduction
This free program is a great simple step in energy conservation.
Sign up for this voluntary program through the City of Batavia by receiving their "Electric News and Tips."
As a participant, you will
- receive an email about 24 hours before the peak period with a request to reduce electric usage between 3 pm and 6 pm on the following day,
- learn fun ideas about how to spend your Batavia afternoon -- perhaps grilling recipes or information about downtown events,
- be asked to power down as meets your family needs.
o turn off A/C or turn up thermostat 5 degrees,
o delay chores,
o hold off cooking/dinner until after 6 pm.
Reducing electric use during the busiest Peak time of year helps us and Batavia.
- It saves money.
It save us a little money.
It save the city big money.
Energy used during high peak times is the most expensive electricity of the year.
- It helps our environment.
Reducing peak demand improves air quality and cuts carbon emissions during these critical peak times. Many peak generating plants in service today are older, less efficient units that produce more harmful emissions. The benefits are greater if we are using less energy, intead of just using electricity at other times.
- It educates the public on the importance of energy conservation in our daily lives.
- It reduce the need for expanded infrastructure. Controlling peak demand today helps control future system-wide costs.
Join Batavia. Reduce your peak.